Making Your Plan
Personal health planning supports the examination of a person's mission, aspirations, and purpose. It can involve completing a Personal Health Inventory, setting goals, and using resources needed to take steps to work towards your personal health plan.
Personal health planning can also be connected with education, peer support, and practicing self-care to support your overall health and well-being.
There are four principles to Personal Health Planning
- Whole Health Assessment (a.k.a., Personal Health Inventory)
- Goal Setting (Shared & SMART Goals)
- Self-reflection & exploration of your personal MAP (mission, aspiration & purpose)
- Are you getting enough sleep at night to refresh your body and mind?
- Are you eating foods and beverages that will nourish and fuel you?
- Are you surrounding yourself with people you love and care about?
- Do you have as much energy and flexibility as you could have with more exercise?
- Are you finding opportunities to learn and grow?
After completing your inventory, consider sharing it with your health care provider, finding a Whole Health course, or using this Wallet Card to start your Personal Health Plan.