Personal development addresses personal and professional goals, as well as highlights the importance of work-life balance. This is about moving toward what matters most to you. Taking the opportunity to learn and grow in your personal and work life can be empowering and affects your health and well-being.
Why is personal development important?
Personal development focuses on different ways you can grow in different areas of your life. Having more options and control in your life can help you be happier and healthier. Examples of personal development include:
- Becoming better at something, such as a talent or skill
- Managing your finances and other resources
- Being creative
- Setting and reaching goals
- Bringing more humor and laughter into your life
- Becoming more compassionate
- Practicing forgiveness
The resources offered here will help you as you think about your personal development options.