Suspension and Debarment
The Suspension and Debarment (S&D) Committee, within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), reviews all procurement related referrals for suspension and debarment actions governed by Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Subpart 9.4 and VA Acquisition Regulation (VAAR) Subpart 809.4, and 38 United States Code (U.S.C.) §§ 8127(g) and 8129(b) of the Veterans Benefits, Health Care, and Information Technology Act of 2006. The S&D Committee develops recommendation packages for consideration of administrative actions by the Suspending and Debarring Official (SDO).
VA employees shall submit referrals to the S&D Committee at https://sd-prod-eas.prod.eas.va.gov/. Referrals are submitted by executing the “Initiate a referral” tab, filling out the web form, and attaching supporting documentation. Referrals must not include confidential, sensitive or protected information such as Social Security account numbers. Supporting documentation must be sanitized and any sensitive, confidential or protected information must be redacted.
All referrals must use the S&D Referral Form and be sent via email to the S&D Committee. Referrals must not include confidential, sensitive or protected information such as Social Security account numbers. Supporting documentation must be sanitized and any sensitive, confidential or protected information must be redacted.
- FAR 9.406-2 - Causes for debarment
- FAR 9.407-2 - Causes for suspension
- VAAR 809.4 - Debarment, Suspension, and Ineligibility
- Acquisition Policy Flash! 21-28, Preference for Offerors that employ Veterans on a Full-time Basis
- 38 U.S.C. § 8127(g) - Small business concerns owned and controlled by Veterans: contracting goals and preferences
- 38 U.S.C. § 8129(b) - Preference for offerors employing Veterans
- Small Business Administration, Office of Hearings and Appeals
- 13 CFR 125 - Business Credit and Assistance, Government Contracting Programs
- VA Office of Inspector General Hotline
- Interagency Suspension and Debarment Committee (ISDC)
- System for Award Management (SAM)