Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics (OPAL)
Delivery Order Process
The equipment is covered by multiple-award contracts with most major equipment manufacturers. This allows expedited ordering at discounted prices and saves each facility the costs associated with the administration of contracts and placing orders. Additional savings are obtained by consolidating like requirements for individual Veterans Integrated Service Networks (VISNs) or nationwide during specific ordering periods.
The HTME Branch consolidates the acquisition and places the order.
- The customer forwards a funded procurement document with a functional requirement, salient characteristic statement for the preferred desired equipment, or vendor quote to the HTME Branch.
- HTME issues a Request for Quotation (RFQ), conducts competition, and forwards the offers received to the requesting ordering activity for evaluation.
- The ordering activity reviews the offers and conducts a best value determination.
- HTME consolidates requirements to receive better discounts.
- After receiving the ordering VISN’s justified recommendation, HTME awards the delivery order and is responsible for inspection, acceptance, and final payment.
|Equipment Type||Local Purchase Threshold|
|(a) Radiation Therapy||$50,000|
|(b) Computerized Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)||$50,000|
|(c) Diagnostic Ultrasound Upgrades and Accessories Only||$50,000|
|(d) X-ray Equipment, including Computerized Radiography and Digital Radiography||$50,000|
|(e) Nuclear Medicine||$50,000|
VA ordering activities may place purchases below these thresholds using the applicable NAC HTME contract; however, the order will be subject to procurement hierarchy requirements.
This is an abbreviation of the Consolidation Purchase Request Instructions. For more information refer to the instructions or contact us.
- Nov 1…Post requirements to FedBizOpps
- Dec 10…Deadline for receipt of vendor questions
- Jan 15…Deadline to submit quotes to HTME
- Jun 30…Goal to award all delivery orders
- Incomplete requisition packages will not be included in the consolidation.
- Requisition packages received after the closing date and time will not be accepted into the consolidation.
- Include the full PO/Obligation Number and Station in the subject line of your request email and in the filename of all requisition documents (i.e. PO# 123-B12345, VA Hines, IL).
- Submit 1 PO, with 1 quote for 1 system or upgrade per email.
- Ordering activities should have no further communication the vendors regarding consolidated purchases after the ordering activity deadline to submit quotes to HTME. Unless the local CO requires clarification or additional information to complete the evaluation, all communications will be through the HTME contracting officer.
VA customers must submit their requests electronically via email (or through the eCMS planning module when it becomes available). Send original electronic versions of the required documents, taking care to avoid scanned copies of quotes, SOW, etc. Email to email@example.com. Submissions other than email are not acceptable and will be refused.
All other agencies may submit their requests via mail, overnight delivery, fax or email.
VA National Acquisition Center
ATTN: HTME (Fill in consolidation period) (003A4C2)
1st Avenue One Block North of 22nd Street
Hines, IL 60141
(f) (708) 786-5256
(e) firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred submission method)