Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics (OPAL)
Choosing the Right Endoscopic Repair Service
Due to the high volume of endoscopic procedures, the associated repair market is continuously growing. With so many different service providers, it can be difficult to determine whose services provide the greatest overall value. While shrinking budgets may encourage you to look strictly at price, several other factors should be considered. Presented here is a list of criteria that you may want to consider in selecting your endoscope services provider.
- Do they use original equipment manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts? Remember these components are engineered specifically for that item.
- Do the technicians have up-to-date OEM training, including technical repair manuals?
- Has the facility been firmly established for many years with a track record of excellence?
- Do they have a close working relationship with the major OEMs? Can they visit local OEMs and seek assistance or replacement parts?
- Are their facilities motivated to save government hospitals money rather than being strictly profit motivated?
- Do they provide up-to-date loaners?
- Can they offer repair reports including OEM repairs?
- Do they provide enough information to make repair choices or do they "steer" you toward major repairs?
- Do they customize repairs according to the age of the item, trying to extend the lifespan of your equipment?
- Do they understand government policies and are they willing to be creative with billing procedures?
- Do they accept government credit cards or purchase orders?
- Do they offer free same-day, or next-day, Federal Express pickup?
The SDC’s endoscope repair program satisfies all of these selection criteria. Our factory-trained staff has several years of experience with the complete spectrum of endoscope repairs. In addition, we are continuously adding to our extensive inventory of loaners. For additional information on SDC’s endoscope repair program, please call us at (708) 786-7670.