Center for Women Veterans (CWV)
Advisory Committee on Women Veterans
The Advisory Committee on Women Veterans (ACWV) was established and chartered in November 1983 by Public Law 98-160. The Advisory Committee on Women Veterans assesses the needs of women Veterans, with respect to VA programs such as compensation, rehabilitation, outreach, healthcare, etc. The Committee reviews VA’s programs, activities, research projects and other initiatives designed to meet the needs of women Veterans; and makes recommendations to the Secretary on ways to improve, modify, and affect change in programs and services for women Veterans and follows up on all those recommendations.
Advisory Committee Reports and Meeting Minutes
The Advisory Committee prepares and issues various reports, summaries, and proceedings addressing issues related to Women Veterans. Learn more »
- Betty Yarbrough Kewanee, IL. A retired U.S. Army Colonel, with deployments in support of Operations Desert Shield/Desert Storm and Operation Enduring Freedom, and a past military director of the Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services; currently serves as Committee Chair.
- Nestor Aliga, Vallejo, CA. Retired U.S. Army Colonel, a former member of VA’s Advisory Committee on Minority Veterans; currently serving as a Veterans advocate focusing on policy and programs specifically impacting women and other minority Veterans.
- Dr. Jacqueleen Bido, Mount Dora, FL. A U. S. Navy Veteran with deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom; a Latina member of Orlando VA Medical Center's women’s committee; currently serves as an independent consultant for BIDOISM, INC. in Orlando, FL and Elevate Newark in Newark, NJ.
- Delise Coleman, West Covina, CA. U.S. Marine Corps Veteran; a full time student pursuing a master’s degree in organizational psychology at Azusa Pacific University, currently serving as a volunteer and leadership council advocate at the Downtown Women’s Center at Skid Row in Los Angeles, CA.
- Sharon Dunbar, Manassas, VA. Retired U.S. Air Force Major General; former member of several joint services committees addressing issues impacting female military members in the Department of Defense; currently serving as a senior executive in private industry.
- Wistaria Joseph, Land O’ Lakes, FL. Retired U.S. Air Force Colonel with service in support of Operations Noble Eagle, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom; currently pursuing a doctorate degree, building an executive leadership coaching small business and mentoring women Veterans and Service women.
- Dr. Cynthia Macri, Kensington, MD. Retired U.S. Navy Captain; currently serving as senior vice president and chief medical officer for EagleForce Associates, Incorporated, where she is the subject matter expert on the integration of technology with current and emerging health care models, with special emphasis on maternal health, patient safety and institutional compliance.
- Centra Mazyck, Columbia, SC. Retired U.S. Army Sergeant First Class; currently serves as an advocate for the needs of disabled Veterans, a motivational speaker for disabled Veteran athletes and as an ambassador for organizations such as Disabled American Veterans, Astro Access, True Car/Driven to Drive and Permobil.
- Shannon McLaughlin, Esq., Sharon, MA. A Lieutenant Colonel serving full-time in the Massachusetts Army National Guard, with overseas service in Operation Enduring Freedom; currently serves as the State Judge Advocate for the Massachusetts National Guard and ACWV Benefits Subcommittee Vice Chair.
- Sandra Miller, Birdsboro, PA. A U. S. Navy Veteran, with service during the Vietnam era; currently serves as Chair of Vietnam Veterans of America’s (VVA) National Homeless Committee and has membership on several of VVA’s National committees.
- Lachrisha Parker, Gaithersburg, MD. A retired U.S. Army Reserve Master Sergeant; currently serves as founder and chief executive officer of Parker Executive Consulting, LLC, where she provides high level executive administration to the vice president and chief of operation officer for a real estate investment banking group.
- Wanda Wright, Tempe, AZ. A retired U.S. Air Force Colonel; currently serves as an advocate for women Veterans, promoting quality benefits and services to Veterans and their dependents.