Advisory Committee on Women Veterans
04/18/2022 – Advisory Committee on Women Veterans, Notice of Meeting — VA’s Advisory Committee on Women Veterans is conducting a virtual meeting on May 9-11, 2022. The meeting will begin at 10:00 a.m. ET and end 1:00 p.m. on May 9 and May 10. On May 11, the meeting will begin at 10:00 a.m. ET and end 12:00 p.m. The meeting sessions are open to the public. The agenda will include updates from the Veterans Health Administration, the Veterans Benefits Administration, and Staff Offices, as well as briefings on other issues impacting women Veterans. Written comments for review by the Committee are due to Ms. Shannon L. Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 2, 2022. For more information, please contact the Center for Women Veterans at email@example.com. The meeting link and call in information are found in the notice of meeting.
The Advisory Committee on Women Veterans (ACWV) was established and chartered in November 1983 by Public Law 98-160. The Advisory Committee on Women Veterans assesses the needs of women Veterans, with respect to VA programs such as compensation, rehabilitation, outreach, healthcare, etc. The Committee reviews VA’s programs, activities, research projects and other initiatives designed to meet the needs of women Veterans; and makes recommendations to the Secretary on ways to improve, modify, and affect change in programs and services for women Veterans and follows up on all those recommendations.
Advisory Committee Reports and Meeting Minutes
The Advisory Committee prepares and issues various reports, summaries, and proceedings addressing issues related to Women Veterans. Learn more »
- Betty Yarbrough Kewanee, IL. A retired U.S. Army Colonel, with deployments in support of Operations Desert Shield/Desert Storm and Operation Enduring Freedom, and a past military director of the Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services; currently serves as Committee Chair.
- April Beldo-Lilley, San Antonio, TX. A retired U.S. Navy Fleet Master Chief; currently serves as director of human resources for a company that provides professional services to the Federal government, where she manages the company’s overall provision of human resources services, policies, and programs.
- Melissa Castillo, Garland, TX. U.S. Navy Veteran; a former Assistant County Veterans Service Officer (CVSO) for Dallas County, currently serving as an independent Veterans advocate working to improve Veterans, dependents and care givers’ access to VA’s benefits and services.
- Delise Coleman, West Covina, CA. U.S. Marine Corps Veteran; currently serving as a HUD-VASH program certified peer support specialist for Volunteers of America Los Angeles.
- Wistaria Joseph, Land O’ Lakes, FL. Retired U.S. Air Force Colonel with service in support of Operations Noble Eagle, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom; currently serving as the founder of an executive leadership coaching small business and women Veterans/Service woman mentor.
- Dr. Cynthia Macri, Kensington, MD. Retired U.S. Navy Captain; currently serving as senior vice president and chief medical officer for EagleForce Associates, Incorporated, where she is the subject matter expert on the integration of technology with current and emerging health care models, with special emphasis on maternal health, patient safety and institutional compliance.
- Dr. Marianne Mathewson-Chapman, Treasure Island, FL. A retired U.S. Army Major General, with service in Operation Desert Storm; currently serves as a nurse consultant, collaborating with organizations to improve care, benefits, and services for Veterans and Service members.
- Moses McIntosh, Hephzibah, GA. A retired U.S. Army Chief Warrant Officer 2 and past national commander of Disabled American Veterans (DAV); currently active in DAV’s initiatives addressing the needs of all Veterans.
- Shannon McLaughlin, Esq., Sharon, MA. State Judge Advocate for the Massachusetts National Guard, with deployment overseas for Operation Enduring Freedom; currently serves as ACWV Benefits Subcommittee Vice Chair.
- Sandra Miller, Birdsboro, PA. A U. S. Navy Veteran, with service during the Vietnam era; currently serves as Chair of Vietnam Veterans of America’s (VVA) National Homeless Committee and has membership on several of VVA’s National committees.
- Lachrisha Parker, Gaithersburg, MD. A retired U.S. Army Reserve Master Sergeant; currently serves as senior executive administrator to the vice president and chief of operation officer for a real estate investment banking group.
- Wanda Wright, Tempe, AZ. A retired U.S. Air Force Colonel; currently serves as the director of the Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services, where she is a state cabinet member, providing leadership and direction for administering benefits and services to Veterans and their dependents.