Women Veterans Outreach
VA is working hard to let women Veterans know about the benefits and services for which they may be eligible.
VA released a Public Service Announcement (PSA) to let women Veterans know that when they choose VA care, they have come to “The Right Place.”
Women Veterans Health Care has developed an outreach toolkit to raise awareness of women Veterans’ health care needs and the high-quality care VA provides to your rapidly growing Veteran group. Access the Women’s Health Materials and Resources to find brochures, fact sheets, FAQs, health campaign materials, videos for download, and more.
The Veterans Benefits Administration has recently developed a Web page with information specific to women Veterans’ benefits, including education and training, home loans, employment, and more.
Burial benefits are available, as well, to women Veterans. Learn more.
Women Veterans Book Corner
Developed to create a place for women Veterans to come together and support their sister Veterans who are authors, share in their stories, and learn more about their journey. Learn how to participate »
Women Veteran Trailblazers
The Center for Women Veterans (CWV) is proud to announce the CWV 2023 Women Veteran Trailblazers Initiative “Women Making the Difference.” Deadline for nomination packages for the 2023 Center for Women Veterans Trailblazers Initiative will be Friday, January 13, 2023. Read more »
I Am Not Invisible Virtual Exhibit
There are roughly 2 million living women Veterans, and many VA Central Office employees who are women Veterans. By spotlighting the many faces of this diverse and important segment of the Veteran community, I Am Not Invisible aims to increase awareness and dialogue about women Veterans, as well as open viewers’ eyes to the myriad levels of expertise of Veterans serving Veterans. Learn more »
- African American History Month 2020 - On February 11, 2020 the Center for Women Veterans and the Center for Minority Veterans partnered to host a Special Screening of "The Six Triple Eight; No Mail, Low Morale."
- Women Veterans with Disabilities are Valued - In April 2019, the Center for Women Veterans highlighted, “Women Veterans with Disabilities are Valued” to raise national awareness of the contributions of women Veterans with disabilities and to tell their story of resilience.
- Women Veteran Trailblazers Initiative - Each year CWV sponsors an annual campaign to celebrate the contributions of women Veterans. The 2019 Campaign launched on March 6, 2019, in honor of Women’s History Month and will continue throughout the year to celebrate women Veterans’ contributions during and after military service.
- Pink Fridays - VA’s Center for Women Veterans recognized the strength and resiliency of Breast Cancer survivors by wearing pink on Fridays in October 2018.
- Nationwide Baby Shower - To honor and support Veterans welcoming new babies into their families in 2018, VA hosted the very first Nationwide Baby Shower for Veterans in May 2018!
- Women Veteran Athletes Initiative - To raise national awareness of the service, diversity, and resilience of women Veterans, in March 2018 VA’s Center for Women Veterans hosted an exhibit featuring 10 women Veteran Athletes in 10 VAMCs nationwide, after which it traveled to additional facilities.
- Women Veterans Art Exhibit - 10 women Veteran artists had their art exhibited at VA medical centers around the country in 2017. VA’s Center for Women Veterans partnered with Veteran Artist Program (VAP) on this initiative.
- 2017 National Women Veterans Summit
The 2017 National Women Veterans Summit took place in Houston, Texas, on August 25-26, 2017. The women Veterans population accounts for 10 percent of U.S. Veterans, and that number is expected to grow to 15 percent by 2030.
- “State of Women Veterans” Social Media Campaign
From September-November 2016, VA conducted a “State of Women Veterans” social media campaign during which we provided weekly segments to explore issues impacting women Veterans and what we are doing to support women Veterans as they face these issues.
- 2015 Women Veterans Campaign
The Center for Women Veterans led a Women Veterans Campaign. The Campaign consisted of forums, sessions, and workshop events in the five VA Districts, from June through September 2015. Events showcased benefits and services for women Veterans.
- 2011 National Training Summit on Women Veterans
- 2010 Forum on Women Veterans
The Secretary of Veterans Affairs hosted “A Forum on Women Veterans,” to engage and educate Veterans service organizations and women Veteran advocates about enhancements in VA services for women Veterans.
- 2008 National Training Summit on Women Veterans
- 2004 National Summit on Women Veterans
- 2004 National Summit on Women Veterans Issues