Office of Resolution Management (ORM)
Meet the DAS
ORM promotes a healthy working environment through prevention, resolution, and processing of workplace disputes, including complaints of discrimination. We foster prevention by ensuring that managers and staff are educated on the elements of a healthy working environment. ORM has resolution experts who promote and deliver alternative dispute resolution techniques for all workplace disputes, including alleged equal employment opportunity (EEO) discrimination. In cases where resolution can't be reached informally, ORM processes complaints of EEO discrimination in a timely and proficient manner.
- How to File an EEO Complaint »
- Dissatisfaction with the EEO Complaint Process »
- Subsequent EEO Complaints »
- Breach of a Settlement Agreement »
- What to do when you are not sure what to do »
Discrimination in Federal Programs and Activities
The Office of Resolution Management (ORM) is VA's liaison with the Department of Justice for external complaints* filed against VA under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other similar statutes, such as Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and various Presidential Executive Orders.Title VI prohibits discrimination on the bases of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance.
- Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
- Age Discrimination Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance.
- Section 504 prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance or under any program or activity conducted by any Executive agency.
ORM has oversight responsibility for the processing of external discrimination complaints and serves as the intake office for these complaints. When a complaint is received in ORM, it is forwarded to the appropriate Administration or staff office for investigation.
Veterans or other individuals who believe they have experienced such discrimination in Federal programs conducted or funded by VA should contact the External Discrimination Complaints Program at (888) 566-3982.
* External complaints are complaints from beneficiaries of VA programs or from recipients of Federal financial assistance.
For additional information:
More About ORM
Whistleblower Protection Program For Federal Employees
The Whistleblower Protection Program ensures that employees and applicants who disclose allegations of serious wrongdoing or gross mismanagement are free from fear of reprisal for their disclosures.
The Whistleblower Protection Ombudsman provides education about protections for current or former VA employees who make protected disclosures.
For more information, visit VA’s Office of Inspector General website: