Minneapolis VA Health Care System Research Service
What is Research Week?
Research Week is an annual event sponsored by the VA Office of Research & Development, with individual VA facilities hosting their own local events in conjunction with the national office. The Minneapolis VA Research Week event usually consists of a keynote address followed by short talks or poster sessions, featuring work conducted by Minneapolis investigators and their study teams. This page will be updated for current year Research Week activities as they are planned. Links below will provide access to presentations from this year's (or last year's) Research Week keynote and other sessions.
Research Week 2023
National VA Research Week theme: "Cutting-Edge Care Through Research"
Save the Date!
Tuesday June 6: Research Coordinator Competency Fair
Wednesday June 7: Oral Abstract Presentation Session
Thursday June 8: Keynote Address and Poster Session
- Keynote address: 12:00-1:00 PM, main auditorium.
- Speaker: Kelly D. Brownell, PhD
Robert L. Flowers Distingushed Professor of Public Policy,
Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University
"Harnessing Research for Social and Policy Change: Thinking About Impact"
- Poster Presentations: 2:00-4:00 PM
- All presenters should plan on a poster submission. If you are interested in an oral presentation, please indicate this on your abstract submission.
Poster/Oral Presentation Abstract Submission Instructions
- Please use only Adobe Reader/Acrobat to fill and submit the form. Other PDF viewers do not save the form in a format that allows us to extract the data after submission.
- Please only enter author institutions, not departments. You can list full departmental affiliations on your presentation, but only institution will be included in the abstract booklet.
- Please enter your abstract as a single paragraph of text. All submissions will be formatted as one paragraph in the abstract booklet. Formatting, bullet points, and images should not be included and will be removed in the final abstract.
2023 Minneapolis VA Research Week abstract submission instructions
2023 Minneapolis VA Research Week abstract submission form
Templates for posters and oral presentations are available on the VA network at R:\All_Staff\Research Day
- Presentation abstracts: Friday May 5
Submissions that miss this deadline will not be included in the abstract booklet
- Poster submission deadline: Friday May 19
Submissions that miss this deadline will not be printed by Medical Media
Past Research Week activities
- Research Week 2022
- Research Week 2021
- Research Week 2019
- Research Week 2018
- Research Week 2017
- Research Week 2016
- Research Week 2015
(No Research Week was held in 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions)