Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence » Veterans » Veteran Stories » Veterans with Multiple Sclerosis Share Their Stories
Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence
Veterans with Multiple Sclerosis Share Their Stories
We are fortunate to have Veterans share their stories of living with multiple sclerosis (MS). These stories are filled with life's challenges, the value of family and friends, and lots of hopefulness. We hope you enjoy reading these stories and in a small way feel connected to other Veterans that are living with this disease. If you would like to share your story with other Veterans, please email MSCentersofExcellence@va.gov.
- Jon Englund adjusted his perspective on living with MS.
- Michele Carlin is challenging her limits.
- Tony Moro talks about conquering mountains and MS.
- Brandon Price shares the importance of paying attention to your MS.
- Kris Boudreau talks about making your own reality in life.
- Daniel Service has found meaning in life through giving.
- Howard "Scott" Cleland encourages people to seize good opportunities.
- Kathleen Owings finds enjoyment in challenging herself to be her best version.
- Gloria Baker talks about her struggles with weight and healthy living.
- Frank Helenberger shares his story on learning he had MS.
- Karla Clay shares her story about VA services and care.
- Nick Mangus has overcome many obstacles in his health journey.
- Michael Whittaker talks about how MS can change a person.
- Tina Messmer shares how activity helps keep her happy and skills sharp.
- Stephen Glaus shares the importance of perseverance in the face of MS.
- Stephanie Hartzell shares her experiences living with MS and traveling.
- Dave Peterson talks about his traveling lifestyle.
- Matthew McCullor shares how he makes a difference in the lives of others.
- Kevin Byrne shares the importance of doing things for yourself.
- Crystal Muscatello has found healing through Qigong.
- Kenneth Johnson shares how he found the strength to fight back.
- Lia "Lisa" Coryell shares her adventures in Para Archery.
- Suzanne O'Connell shares the importance of community.
- Dawn Rittmeyer shares how she has overcome life's challenges.
- Edward Robertson shares his experiences with adaptive sports.
- Brian Pettyjohn shares his experiences helping disabled Veterans.
- Kim Harrison shares how she has overcome the challenges of MS.
- Jeff Jensen shares the importance of getting involved and living life.
- Charles Cunningham shares how the outdoors can make a difference in your life.
- Judy Overholt shares that competing isn't just about winning.
- Philip White shares his thoughts on being your best.
- Lindsay Stearns shares how she has learned to breathe in life.
- Michael Sack shares his travel adventures.
- Nolan "Scott" Bates shares his passion for creating beautiful artwork that inspires.
- Jeanne Goldy-Sanitate shares how adaptive athlete sports changed her life.
- Charles Kerr shares his experience in the military and with VA care.
- Alberto Manfredi shares the difference others have made in his life.
- Tonia Davis shares how she strives to be the best she can be.
- Ivan Nance shares how he faces MS with his family's help.
- Dave Anderson shares that an outside perspective can help restart future planning.
- Alan Campbell shares his emotional challenges of living with MS.
- Rex Stephens shares how he stays as active as he can.