Access the most current VA open solicitations and business opportunities through FedBizOpps!
Contract Catalog Search Tool
A robust tool for conducting market research, and streamlining the ordering process for the VA’s healthcare acquisition needs!
Browse the complete healthcare products and service offering managed by the National Acquisition Center!
Welcome to the VA’s Office of Procurement, Acquisition, and Logistics (OPAL) centralized Federal Healthcare Contract Information Center! Designed to direct our Government customers to valuable acquisition and procurement information from the VA, this site features streamlined access to information on the VA Federal Supply Schedule Program; National Blanket Purchase Agreements; ordering procedures for procuring medical, equipment, supplies, pharmaceuticals, and services; as well as other important information related to doing business with the VA and VA acquisition policies. Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance!
National Acquisition Center Programs
The VA National Acquisition Center (NAC) is responsible for supporting the health care requirements of the VA and other Government agencies. Under the Federal Supply Schedule and National Contract Programs, the NAC awards high volume multiple award schedule, national contracts, and blanket purchase agreements for the acquisition and direct delivery of pharmaceuticals; medical, surgical, dental, and patient mobility equipment/supplies; high technology medical equipment; temporary allied healthcare staffing services; and just-in-time distribution programs. With worldwide coverage, purchases made against these contracts result in deliveries directly from the vendor, or the Prime Vendor Distributor, throughout the Federal health care system. With over 2,000 contracts, the NAC realizes annual sales of over $16 billion.
The Business Resource Service » provides customer-specific acquisition support to various VA and Other Government Agency (OGA) clients as well as administrative, operational and program support to all the other NAC Services.
Denver Logistics Center (DLC) » Provides holistic supply chain management for the VA National Hearing Aid Program and supports VA and OGAs with professional acquisition and logistical services.
Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) Service » Supports the healthcare requirements of the VA and OGAs. Under delegated authority by GSA, the VA manages multiple award contracts for medical equipment, supply, pharmaceutical, and service Schedule programs.
National Contract Service » Provides acquisition support of high tech medical equipment, pharmaceuticals, and prime vendor distribution.
- High Tech Medical Equipment (HTME) Divisions (Contracts and Orders) » Awards consolidated acquisitions for high tech medical equipment, as well as laundry facility equipment additions, retrofits, and upgrades.
- Pharmaceutical » Awards National (requirements) contracts for pharmaceuticals and manages repackaging contract which supplies pharmacies with products in convenient unit of use sizes.
- Prime Vendor Distribution Division » Manages the just-in-time distribution prime vendor programs for pharmaceuticals and subsistence products.
VA Acquisition Programs
The Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction (OALC) is a multifunctional organization responsible for directing the acquisition, logistics, construction, and leasing functions within the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Office of Acquisition and Logistics (OAL) » Provides critical support to our nation’s Veterans and other government agencies through strategic acquisitions, logistics, and financial solutions.
Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics (OPAL) » Supports our nation’s Veterans by providing life-cycle acquisition operations solutions. Our goal is to be the premier provider of innovative solutions for our clients and customers.
- Strategic Acquisition Center (SAC) » Provides dedicated acquisition and program management expertise and support for life cycle management of non-IT enterprise-wide solutions for VA’s highly complex requirements and strategically sound contracts.
- Technology Acquisition Center (TAC) » Provides dedicated acquisition and program management expertise and support for life cycle management of enterprise-wide solutions in information and technology for the Office of Information and Technology.
- Virtual Office of Acquisition (VOA) » A foundation for the Government acquisition community to better communicate with the general public, manage acquisition data internally, and share information seamlessly with existing applications. The VOA also contains information within document libraries that store upcoming events, the procurement process, technical references and information, and VA acquisition standards and policies.
Office of Construction & Facilities Management (CFM) » Responsible for the planning, design, and construction of all major construction projects greater than $10 million. In addition, CFM acquires real property for use by VA elements through the purchase of land and buildings, as well as long-term lease acquisitions.
Enhanced-Use Lease » In return for allowing VA property to be leased for non-VA uses (which must be compatible with or benefit the Department’s mission) on Department-controlled land, the VA acquires rent in the form of, monetary payments or other “in-kind” considerations. Current EUL projects include office buildings, parking facilities, low-cost senior housing, co-generation (heat and electricity) energy plants, single room occupancy housing (homeless shelters), and child care and mental health centers.
Veteran Canteen Service (VCS) » Purchases retail merchandise both nationally and locally for its 172+ retail stores through a shared procurement system designed to meet a very diverse customer base.
Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) » Seeks to enable Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Veteran-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Businesses, HUBZone Business, and Woman-Owned small businesses to add value to the work of the VA. OSDBU also manages the Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned and Veteran-Owned verification program.
Current VA open solicitations can be found on FedBizOpps!
The VA Enterprise Acquisition Systems Service » Develops and manages consistent, modern, integrated procurement automation tools for the VA acquisition community.
- Electronic Contract Management System & Vendor Portal » A comprehensive tool used by VA Acquisition staff to create and manage VA acquisitions
- VA Forecast of Contracting Opportunities » VA’s best estimate of procurement opportunities during the current fiscal year.
Contract Catalog Search Tool (CCST) » A database allows users to browse healthcare staffing services, and medical/surgical/pharmaceutical products through a variety of search criteria, including: item description, Special Item Number, contract number, socioeconomic factor, etc. The information contained in this database is for reference purposes only.
GSA eLibrary » Provides information on all awarded GSA and VA Schedule contracts, including information on GSA Strategic Sourcing BPAs.
VA Schedule Sales Query » Provides quarterly sales data for the two most recent fiscal years. This is not an official source of sales data and should be used for informational purposes only.
VA Advantage! » A partnership between the Department of Veterans Affairs and the General Services Administration, VA Advantage! is a unique and robust tool for performing market research, and streamlining the ordering process for medical equipment, supplies, services, and pharmaceuticals.
VA Acquisition Leadership » Connect with VA Acquisition leadership.
- National Acquisition Center » Contact the National Acquisition Center for more information about the Federal Supply Schedule Service and National Contract Service programs, including High Tech Medical Equipment, and Prime Vendor.
- Office of Acquisition Operations » Contact the Office of Acquisition Operations for more information about the VA’s strategic contracting programs!
Frequently Asked Questions » Have questions about a NAC program? Maybe our FAQs can help.
Acronyms & Definitions » Acronym overload? The Acronyms & Definitions page is your source for learning Government acquisition jargon.