Fact Sheets for VHA Office of Integrated Veteran Care Programs
All documents are in PDF format and require the use of Adobe Reader software to open them on a computer.
Veteran Community Care (VA MISSION Act)
- Article: VA MISSION Act: Top Questions Answered
Top questions received from Veterans about changes to community care under the VA MISSION Act.
(VAntage Point, 6/14/19)
- Fact Sheet: General Information
Describes community care improvements, processes, expected timeframes and FAQs.
- Information Sheet: Veteran Community Care–Previous and Current State
A simple overview of the previous and current state of Veteran community care, including changes made under the VA MISSION Act of 2018.
- Article: What is the Latest on Community Care?
Highlights VA efforts to-date for improving community care, what to expect and next steps.
(VAntage Point, 03/19/19)
- Fact Sheet: Reporting Veteran Concerns with Community Care
Information on reporting concerns regarding the quality or safety of services received during a community care visit or other issues related to community services.
- Fact Sheet: Veteran Community Care–Eligibility
Describes community care eligibility, examples of how the six criteria would be applied and FAQs.
- Article: New Eligibility Criteria a Major Improvement Over Existing Rules
Highlights general requirements surrounding community care eligibility and describes the six criteria for eligibility under the VA MISSION Act.
(VAntage Point, 04/09/19)
Appointments and Getting Care
- Fact Sheet: Veterans Community Care–Appointments and Getting Care
Describes how a Veteran can find a community provider, how referrals for community care are made, how appointments can be made and how care is provided.
- Article: VA MISSION Act: Answers to Top Questions About Community Care Appointments
Top questions received from Veterans about VA referrals and making appointments with a community care provider.
(VAntage Point, 11/25/19)
- Article: Finding a Community Provider, Making Appointments, and Getting Care
Information on how Veterans can find a community provider in the VA network, make an appointment and get care.
- Fact Sheet: Veteran Community Care Access to Information Prior to Surgery
Information to Veterans regarding where to find information on the surgeon that is performing their procedure.
- Fact Sheet: VA Community Emergency Care–Information for Veterans
- Fact Sheet: Emergency Suicide Care and Treatment
- Fact Sheet: Veteran Community Care–Urgent Care
Describes urgent care eligibility, how to find an urgent care provider, covered services, copayments and prescription medication.
- Article: Answers to the Top Five Questions About Urgent Care
Answers common questions about the urgent care benefit offered as part of the VA MISSION Act.
(VAntage Point, 07/03/19)
- Article: VA’s New Urgent Care Benefit for Veterans
Highlights general requirements surrounding the new urgent care benefit and describes the eligibility for urgent care under the VA MISSION Act.
(VAntage Point, 05/29/19)
Costs and Billing
- Fact Sheet: Billing and Payment
Describes Veteran copayments and health insurance, as well as community care payments and claims.
- Fact Sheet: Adverse Credit Reporting
Provides information about adverse credit reporting and how Veterans can receive assistance dealing with such issues related to their VA healthcare.
Sunset of Veterans Choice Program
- Fact Sheet: Sunset of Veteran Choice Program
Provides information on the end of the Veterans Choice Program.
- Article: New Eligibility Criteria for Community Care, New Urgent Care Benefit and the Sunset of the Veterans Choice Program
Information about what Veterans can expect when the Veterans Choice Program ends on June 6, 2019.
- Fact Sheet: Family Member Programs – Participating Providers
- Fact Sheet: Preventing and Reporting Fraud, Waste and Abuse
CHAMPVA (Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs) / CHAMPVA Inhouse Treatment Initiative (CITI)
- Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA): Eligibility, Application Instructions, and Use of Other Health Insurance
- CHAMPVA Deductibles and Copays
- The CHAMPVA In-House Treatment Initiative (CITI)
Medicare and CHAMPVA
- CHAMPVA Pharmacy Benefits
- OptumRx – Pharmacy Benefits Manager
- Medication Disposal Safety Tips (from VA Pharmacy Benefits Management Services)
Information for Students
- CHAMPVA Benefits for the Primary Family Caregiver
- Stipend Benefit for the PRIMARY Family Caregiver
Children of Women Vietnam Veterans (CWVV) Health Care Benefits Program
Foreign Medical Program (FMP)
Spina Bifida (SB) Health Care Benefits Program
Fact sheets for ProvidersProvider Reference Library
IMPORTANT: You must have Adobe Reader version 6.0 or later installed on your computer to view the documents on this site. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can download this FREE software from the Adobe website. (By clicking on the Adobe website link, you will leave the VHA OCC website. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of the linked website.)