All PDF documents require the use of Adobe Reader software to open them on your computer.
Veteran Community Care (VA MISSION Act)
- Fact Sheet: General Information
Describes community care improvements, processes, expected timeframes, and FAQs.
- Article: What is the latest on community care?
Highlights VA’s efforts to-date for improving community care, what to expect, and next steps.
(VAntage Point, 03/19/19)
- Fact Sheet: Eligibility
Describes community care eligibility, examples of how the six criteria would be applied, and FAQs.
- Article: New eligibility criteria a major improvement over existing rules
Highlights general requirements surrounding community care eligibility and describes the six criteria for eligibility under the VA MISSION Act.
(VAntage Point, 04/09/19)
- Information Sheet: Veteran Community Care–Current and Future State
Provides a simple overview of the current and future state of Veteran community care, including changes required under the VA MISSION Act of 2018.
- Family Member Programs – Participating Providers (10-02)
- Preventing and Reporting Fraud, Waste and Abuse (10-03)
CHAMPVA (Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs) / CHAMPVA Inhouse Treatment Initiative (CITI)
- The Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (01-01)
- CHAMPVA Eligibility (01-02)
- Instructions for CHAMPVA Applicants (01-03)
- CHAMPVA Payment Methodology (01-04)
- CHAMPVA and the Federal Employees Health Benefit Program (01-14)
- CHAMPVA Eligibility and Remarriage After Age 55 (01-16)
- Submission of Foreign Claims to CHAMPVA (01-17)
- CHAMPVA Reconsideration and Appeal Rights (01-18)
- The CHAMPVA In-House Treatment Initiative (02-01)
CHAMPVA and the Affordable Care Act
- CHAMPVA and the Affordable Care Act (01-19)
- CHAMPVA y la Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio (01-19-SPN)
- CHAMPVA and the Affordable Care Act – Frequently Asked Questions (01-19A)
- CHAMPVA y la Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio–Preguntas frecuentes (01-19A-SPN)
Medicare and CHAMPVA
Other Health Insurance
- Use of Supplemental Insurance with CHAMPVA (01-09)
- Use of Other Health Insurance (OHI) with CHAMPVA (01-10)
- Supplemental Information for Completing the CHAMPVA OHI Certification (01-11)
- CHAMPVA Pharmacy Benefits (01-05)
- Catamaran – Pharmacy Benefits Manager (05-01)
- Medication Disposal Safety Tips (VA Pharmacy Benefits Management Services)
Information on Specific Benefits
- CHAMPVA and the Use of Durable Medical Equipment (01-07)
- CHAMPVA Mental Health and Substance Abuse Disorder Benefits (01-08)
Information for Students
- CHAMPVA Benefits for the Primary Family Caregiver (11-01)
- Beneficios del Cuidado de Salud de CHAMPVA para el Cuidador Familiar Primario (11-01-SPN)
- Stipend Benefit for the PRIMARY Family Caregiver (11-02)
- Beneficio de Estipendio para el Cuidador Familiar Primario (11-02-SPN)
Children of Women Vietnam Veterans (CWVV) Health Care Benefits Program
Foreign Medical Program (FMP)
- The Foreign Medical Program (04-01)
- How to File a FMP Claim (04-02)
- Use of the Home Improvement and Structural Alterations Program with FMP (04-03)
- FMP Dental Benefits (04-04)
Spina Bifida (SB) Health Care Benefits Program
- The Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program (06-01)
- SB Health Care Benefits Program Payment Methodology (06-02)
- SB Health Care Benefits Program and the Affordable Care Act (06-03)
- El Programa de Beneficios del Cuidado de Salud de Espina Bífida y la Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio (06-03-SPN)
- SB Health Care Benefits Program and the Affordable Care Act – Frequently Asked Questions (06-03A)
- Preguntas frecuentes sobre el Programa de Beneficios del Cuidado de Salud de Espina Bífida y la Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio (06-03A-SPN)
State Home Per Diem Program
Updated fact sheets are currently being developed. For information on the Veterans Choice Program, please visit Veterans Choice Program.
Fact sheets for ProvidersProvider Reference Library
IMPORTANT: You must have Adobe Reader version 6.0 or later installed on your computer to view the documents on this site. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can download this FREE software from the Adobe website. (By clicking on the Adobe website link, you will leave the VHA OCC website. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of the linked website.)