If you filed a claim with VA directly for Veteran care, you can check the status of your VA claim through the VA Customer Engagement Portal (CEP). CEP is a reporting tool that allows registered users on demand access to claims status (HCFA 1500 or CMS 1450) and information about past, current, and future payments.
CEP uses two-factor authentication for secure bulk of multiple tax identification numbers and for querying and reporting as it relates to claim status, payments, check information and Treasury offsetss.
If you filed a claim with TriWest Healthcare Alliance or Optum United HealthCare, please refer to their web tools or their customer service lines to obtain information about the status of those claims.
- Obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number from the Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) website.
(This is required before Step 2 can be completed.)
- Register with the System for Award Management (SAM).
Your company’s accounts receivable, government, or certifier point of contact will receive a confirmation email from SAM once registration is complete.
- Please wait 72 hours after receiving the email confirming SAM registration before completing the rest of this process. This waiting period allows VA time to update records with your company’s DUNS.
- Complete VA Form 10091, VA-FSC Vendor File Request Form, and submit it by fax to the VA Financial Services Center at (512) 460-5221.
- Request CEP Access through the Customer Engagement Portal.
a. Select "Login", and then "Continue"
b. Secure your access to VA by selecting "Register for a Sign-in Partner"
c. Follow the prompts to register with ID.me for secure access. VA has partnered with ID.me to provide two-factor authentication verification for increased security. Once ID.me registration has been completed, users will be returned to CEP to:
- Register their Tax ID information via the “My Profile” link
- Access Frequently Asked Questions
- Access User Guide and other training material