If you filed a claim with VA directly for Veteran’s care, you can check the status of your VA claim through the VA Customer Engagement Portal (CEP). CEP is a reporting tool that allows registered users on demand access to research, claims (HCFA 1500 or CMS 1450) status, and information about past, current, and future payments.
The Customer Engagement Portal (CEP) offers two-factor authentication for increased security, bulk upload capabilities for providers with multiple tax identification numbers, and enhanced querying and reporting capabilities as it relates to claim status, payments, check information and offsets.
To register for CEP, please visit the Customer Engagement Portal and follow the instructions below.
- Select "Login", and then "Continue"
- Secure your access to VA by selecting "Register for a Sign-in Partner"
- Follow the prompts to register with ID.me for secure access. VA has partnered with ID.me to provide two-factor authentication verification for increased security.
- Once ID.me registration has been completed, users will be returned to CEP to:
- Register their Tax ID information via the
“My Profile” link
- Access Frequently Asked Questions
- Access User Guide and other training material
- Search claims and payment information
- Execute, schedule and export reports
To check the status of a claim provided through Patient Centered Community Care (PC3) or the Veterans Choice Program (VCP), use the TriWest Provider Billing Resources. Providers who have questions for claims filed with former PC3/VCP vendor Health Net prior to September 30, 2018, should contact Health Net.
Please note: VCP ended on June 6, 2019.
HNFS Provider Service Line: 844-728-1914
If you are a community provider and would like to inquire about outstanding claims, please contact the
Provider Experience Team and include the following information in your message:
- Provider name
- Provider address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Points of contact
- Brief description of the issue
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) number
- Have you contacted VA, Health Net, or TriWest about this issue before? If yes, when?
- Is this an issue with the Veterans Choice Program (VCP)1, VA Community Care (VACC)2, or a Provider Agreement2? Please note: VCP ended on June 6, 2019.
1 If VCP, you received authorizations and sent claims to TriWest, or sent claims to Health Net Federal Services.
Please note: VA no longer contracts with Health Net.
2 If VACC and/or Provider Agreements, you would be receiving authorizations and sending claims directly to your local VA medical center (VAMC).
eCAMS is a community care claims processing software solution being implemented by VA. The system modernizes the processing of claims received by community providers outside VA’s Community Care Network (CCN).
eCAMS is expected to be implemented nationwide between March and August 2019. To learn more, please review the Electronic Claims Adjudication Management System (eCAMS) Fact Sheet.Fact Sheet: Electronic Claims Adjudication Management System
HealthNet Provider Services
Choice Program: 844-728-1914
(NOTE: Choice Program ended 09/30/2018)
VA Provider Services