Veterans Affairs Central Office (VACO) New Employees
Welcome to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs!
Welcome to the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). Our mission is to fulfill President Abraham Lincoln’s promise “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. A detailed history of the Department of Veterans Affairs can be obtained by visiting VA History - VA History Office.
The VA provides the largest integrated health care network in the United States, with 1,255 health care facilities serving 9 million enrolled Veterans each year, a range of benefits to assist servicemembers transitioning out of the military service with education, home loans, life insurance and more, and dignified burial services for Veterans via our 142 cemeteries. Our vision is to provide our Veterans with these world-class benefits and services by adhering to the highest standards of compassion, commitment, excellence, Professionalism, integrity, accountability, and stewardship.
Secretary Denis McDonough, “I’m honored to join you at VA”:
Whether you are a newly appointed Federal employee, or just new to the VA, you are required to attend a one-day New Employee Orientation (NEO) session. It is designed to provide you with general information regarding the following topics. Currently, VACO New Employee Orientation (NEO) is conducted virtually. All new and transferring employees should consult their Welcome Letter/Hiring Documents (or HR Liaison) for the current weblink and assistance.
*Some links may require employees to have access to the VACO Network, you will need to wait until your PIV Card is issued.
Virtual NEO Slides
For more information and a copy of PowerPoint presentation, visit ICARE PowerPoint
Benefits and RetirementsThis presentation provides basic information, please reach out to your Human Resources Liaison for locally specific policies and procedures.
- Federal Employee Insurance Benefits Overview
- Federal Employee Health Benefit (FEHB)
- Federal Employee Dental Insurance
- Federal Employee Vision Insurance
- Federal Employee Group Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- *Temporary FSA Flexibilities for Plan Year 2020 and 2021*
- Federal Long Term Care Insurance
- Childcare Subsidy Program (CCSP)
- Thrift Savings Plan
Virtual Federal Benefits Webinars
- For questions, and list of transit managers, email VACOTransitBenefit@va.gov
Personal Safety and Security
- For questions about the VA Emergency Alerting & Accountability System (VA EAAS), email firstname.lastname@example.org
Property Accountability & Responsibility
- For questions about Non-IT Equipment, email email@example.com
- For questions about IT Equipment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and Workers Compensation
- For questions about Safety, email email@example.com
Insider and Counter-Intelligence Threat
- For a copy of the slide presentation, or questions about Insider Threat and Counter-Intelligence, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please visit: https://www.va.gov/ormdi/
- For question about Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Resolution Management, email email@example.com
- For questions about Employee Assistance Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about the Center for Minority Veterans, email email@example.com
- For questions about the Center for Women Veterans, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about Faith Based programs, email VACFBNP@va.gov
Information Security Awareness
- OI&T Help Desk: 1-855-673-4357
- AFGE Master Agreement with Department of Veterans Affairs (2011)
- For more information regarding AFGE Local 17, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Required plugins [ Get Viewer Software ]
*External Link Disclaimer: All the links marked with asterisk ( * ) are External links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs Website.