All PDF documents require the use of Adobe Reader software to open them on your computer.
Veteran Community Care (VA MISSION Act)
- Article: VA MISSION Act: Top Questions Answered
Top questions received from Veterans about changes to community care under the VA MISSION Act.
- Fact Sheet: General Information
Describes community care improvements, processes, expected timeframes, and FAQs.
- Information Sheet: Understanding the Changes in Community Care for Veterans
This will help you understand how community care will work when the new VA MISSION Act goes into effect in June 2019.
- Information Sheet: Veteran Community Care–Current and Future State
Provides a simple overview of the current and future state of Veteran community care, including changes required under the VA MISSION Act of 2018.
- Article: What is the Latest on Community Care?
Highlights VA’s efforts to-date for improving community care, what to expect, and next steps.
(VAntage Point, 03/19/19)
Sunset of Veterans Choice Program
- Fact Sheet: Sunset of Veteran Choice Program
Provides information on the end of the Veterans Choice Program.
- Article: New Eligibility Criteria for Community Care, New Urgent Care Benefit and the Sunset of the Veterans Choice Program
Provides information about what Veterans can expect when the Veterans Choice Program ends on
June 6, 2019.
- Fact Sheet: Veteran Community Care–Eligibility
Describes community care eligibility, examples of how the six criteria would be applied, and FAQs.
- Article: New Eligibility Criteria a Major Improvement Over Existing Rules
Highlights general requirements surrounding community care eligibility and describes the six criteria for eligibility under the VA MISSION Act.
(VAntage Point, 04/09/19)
- Fact Sheet: Veteran Community Care–Urgent Care
Describes urgent care eligibility, how to find an urgent care provider, covered services, copayments, and prescription medication.
- Article: VA’s New Urgent Care Benefit for Veterans
Highlights general requirements surrounding the new urgent care benefit and describes the eligibility for urgent care under the VA MISSION Act.
(Vantage Point 05/29/19)
- Article: Answers to the Top Five Questions About Urgent Care
Answers common questions about the urgent care benefit offered as part of the VA MISSION Act.
(Vantage Point 07/03/19)
- Fact Sheet: Veterans Community Care–Appointments and Getting Care
Describes how a Veteran can find a community provider, how referrals for community care are made, how appointments can be made, and how care is provided.
- Article: Finding a Community Provider, Making Appointments, and Getting Care
Provides information on how Veterans can find a community provider in VA’s network, make an appointment, and get care.
- Fact Sheet: Opioid Safety Initiative
Describes how the VA MISSION Act of 2018 strengthens existing opioid safety requirements by formally aligning community provider standards with the Opioid Safety Initiative (OSI) guidelines.
Costs and Billing
- Family Member Programs – Participating Providers (10-02)
- Preventing and Reporting Fraud, Waste and Abuse (10-03)
CHAMPVA (Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs) / CHAMPVA Inhouse Treatment Initiative (CITI)
- The Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (01-01)
- CHAMPVA Eligibility (01-02)
- Instructions for CHAMPVA Applicants (01-03)
- CHAMPVA Payment Methodology (01-04)
- CHAMPVA and the Federal Employees Health Benefit Program (01-14)
- CHAMPVA Eligibility and Remarriage After Age 55 (01-16)
- Submission of Foreign Claims to CHAMPVA (01-17)
- CHAMPVA Reconsideration and Appeal Rights (01-18)
- The CHAMPVA In-House Treatment Initiative (02-01)
CHAMPVA and the Affordable Care Act
- CHAMPVA and the Affordable Care Act (01-19)
- CHAMPVA y la Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio (01-19-SPN)
- CHAMPVA and the Affordable Care Act – Frequently Asked Questions (01-19A)
- CHAMPVA y la Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio–Preguntas frecuentes (01-19A-SPN)
Medicare and CHAMPVA
Other Health Insurance
- Use of Supplemental Insurance with CHAMPVA (01-09)
- Use of Other Health Insurance (OHI) with CHAMPVA (01-10)
- Supplemental Information for Completing the CHAMPVA OHI Certification (01-11)
- CHAMPVA Pharmacy Benefits (01-05)
- OptumRx – Pharmacy Benefits Manager (05-01)
- Medication Disposal Safety Tips (VA Pharmacy Benefits Management Services)
Information on Specific Benefits
- CHAMPVA and the Use of Durable Medical Equipment (01-07)
- CHAMPVA Mental Health and Substance Abuse Disorder Benefits (01-08)
Information for Students
- CHAMPVA Benefits for the Primary Family Caregiver (11-01)
- Beneficios del Cuidado de Salud de CHAMPVA para el Cuidador Familiar Primario (11-01-SPN)
- Stipend Benefit for the PRIMARY Family Caregiver (11-02)
- Beneficio de Estipendio para el Cuidador Familiar Primario (11-02-SPN)
Children of Women Vietnam Veterans (CWVV) Health Care Benefits Program
Foreign Medical Program (FMP)
- The Foreign Medical Program (04-01)
- How to File a FMP Claim (04-02)
- Use of the Home Improvement and Structural Alterations Program with FMP (04-03)
- FMP Dental Benefits (04-04)
Spina Bifida (SB) Health Care Benefits Program
- The Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program (06-01)
- SB Health Care Benefits Program Payment Methodology (06-02)
- SB Health Care Benefits Program and the Affordable Care Act (06-03)
- El Programa de Beneficios del Cuidado de Salud de Espina Bífida y la Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio (06-03-SPN)
- SB Health Care Benefits Program and the Affordable Care Act – Frequently Asked Questions (06-03A)
- Preguntas frecuentes sobre el Programa de Beneficios del Cuidado de Salud de Espina Bífida y la Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio (06-03A-SPN)
State Home Per Diem Program
Updated fact sheets are currently being developed. For information on the Veterans Choice Program, please visit Veterans Choice Program.
Fact sheets for ProvidersProvider Reference Library
IMPORTANT: You must have Adobe Reader version 6.0 or later installed on your computer to view the documents on this site. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can download this FREE software from the Adobe website. (By clicking on the Adobe website link, you will leave the VHA OCC website. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of the linked website.)