Minneapolis VA Health Care System Research Service
Prosthetic Socks Management
Innovation revolutionary: A solution to prosthetic socks management
D&D Therapy for Veterans
Mental Health researchers help Veterans using Dungeons & Dragons role-playing therapy
Burn Pit-Related Research
Minneapolis VA researchers seek to hasten detection of burn pit-related disorders (StarTribune)
Minneapolis VA Research Service
The Minneapolis VA Health Care System hosts one of the largest and most active research programs in the VA health care system. There are currently over 150 investigators conducting more than 500 research projects, with funding from the NIH, VA, foundations, and industry. The research program is affiliated with the University of Minnesota.
Major Research Centers at the Minneapolis VA
VA and non-VA research centers at our institution include:
- Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research (CCDOR)
- Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (GRECC)
- Minneapolis Adaptive Design & Engineering (MADE) Program
- University of Minnesota Brain Sciences Center
National Research Programs or Initiatives at Minneapolis VA
The following VA and non-VA nationwide research initiatives have a center or performance site hosted by the Minneapolis VA:
- Minneapolis VA Evidence Synthesis Program (ESP) Center
- VA Cooperative Studies Program (CSP) Network of Dedicated Enrollment Sites (NODES)
- VA Lung Precision Oncology Program (LPOP)
- VA Million Veteran Program (MVP)
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) NCI and VA Interagency Group to Accelerate Trials Enrollment (NAVIGATE)
For more information, including program metrics and recent publications, see the Program Overview page.
Information for Research Participants
If you are a Veteran interested in participating in a VA research study, please see the Research section of the Minneapolis VA facility website. You may also wish to read more about why Veterans might wish to participate in VA research, or learn how VA protects your personal information when you are a research participant.
Information for Research Staff
This website is intended to serve as a resource for personnel conducting research at the Minneapolis VA Health Care System. The target audience for this website is our investigators, our support staff, and colleagues participating in collaborative research. Contact information, forms, standard operating procedures, and links to external and internal resources are provided in the navigation menu.